0113 320 6620

Leeds, UK

Professional letting agents in Leeds.

Young professional house shares, couples and families.

Welcome to In Lettings

We provide high quality professional accommodation across Leeds. Whether it's a family home for rent or a professional house share in Leeds city centre you're looking for, you've landed in the right place.


Professional properties.

Hyde Terrace

4 Bedrooms
4 Bathrooms

125 pppw

St. Anne's Mount

5 Bedrooms
2 Bathrooms

96 pppw

Beechwood View

4 Bedrooms
2 Bathrooms

75 pppw

Professional FAQs

  • How can I arrange to view a property?

    Once you have found something you like, just give us a call or get in touch online. We’ll usually be able to show you some videos first so you can get a better feel for the place, and maybe even suggest a few places you might like based on your requirements. If you decide you would like to view in person, we’ll arrange a suitable time for you to view!

    We can meet you at the property, or we can pick you up from somewhere local and escort you there.

    Bear in mind that we always need to give existing tenants 24 hours notice!

  • How do I apply for a property?

    We work with a lot of different landlords, so the exact signup process can vary from property to property. Some like to deal with it themselves, and some leave it to us to arrange for them.

    The process will always look something like the following:

    • You’ll pay a holding fee to take the property off the market. This is normally a week’s rent and is refundable against your deposit.
    • You’ll need to complete an application form to get the ball rolling, and submit photos or scans of your ID, along with details of who your guarantor is
    • Your guarantor will be contacted and prompted to complete the remainder of your application. Your guarantor will normally need to be a UK homeowner, and in most cases would be a parent or guardian.
    • Once all of the application forms are complete and your guarantor has been referenced, you will need to pay the remainder of your deposit (the full deposit less any holding fee you have already paid).
    • Once everybody has electronically signed the tenancy agreement, the property will be yours to move into on the agreed date.
  • Will I need to pay a deposit?

    Yes, the deposit is equivalent to one months rent. Your deposit will be registered in the government approved deposit protection scheme My Deposits.

    When your tenancy ends, we will inspect your property. As long as everything is in order, and all contractual obligations have been fulfilled, we will instruct My Deposits to release the deposit back to you.

    Any deductions which need to be made will be reported to My Deposits with evidence. They will then deduct this from your deposit before they return any remaining balance to you.

  • Will I need to be referenced?

    Yes, we do reference checks on all of our professional tenants. Even if we believe beyond reasonable doubt that you are a suitable tenant, it's important for us to run some checks and ensure that you are who you say you are.

    There will be a soft check on your credit report which will not alter your score.

  • What if I have a CCJ?

    Don’t worry! We understand that sometimes these things can happen, and we know it doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be a trustworthy tenant.

    Having a CCJ does not automatically mean that you’ll be refused a tenancy with us, but it is best if you tell us about it up front. We do reference all of our professional tenants, and any undisclosed CCJs may result in the application being rejected.

    Our decision on your suitability for a property will be based on the entire referencing report, not just a minor blip in your credit history.

  • Will I need a guarantor?

    In most cases as a professional you will need a guarantor to sign for a property. A guarantor is a person who will guarantee to pay your rent should you not be able to for any reason. Think of it as an insurance policy for your landlord to make sure the rent is paid on their property.

    Guarantors usually need to be a UK homeowner who earns in excess of £25,000 per year.

    If you’re going to struggle to arrange a guarantor, there are companies you can use (such as Housing Hand) who will act as guarantor on your behalf, for a small fee.

    Alternatively, if you are in a position where you can pay all of your rent for the tenancy up front, you usually will not require a guarantor.

  • What is an Inventory?

    A property inventory is a detailed list of every item in the property and it’s condition when the tenancy commences. This includes everything that isn’t a fixture or a fitting, for example chairs, beds or fridges.

    You’ll be asked to check over the inventory when you move in, and to sign it to say that you agree with it. The inventory will be used at the end of your tenancy to verify that everything which was there at the start of the tenancy is still there, and is not damaged beyond what could be described as reasonable wear and tear.

  • What is a Tenancy Agreement?

    A tenancy agreement is a legally binding written contract between you and your landlord, which documents both your and your landlord’s rights and obligations whilst you are their tenant. It exists to protect both you and the landlord, and is designed to set out the terms for you to live in your landlord’s property.

    The agreement will always state what the landlord is legally responsible for, such as giving you at least 24 hours’ notice prior to a visit, describing the parts of the property that they will maintain and ensuring that the property is compliant with the relevant health and safety regulations. The document will also document any further responsibilities that either you or your landlord have agreed to as part of the tenancy.

    All tenancy agreements arranged by In Lettings are Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements (or AST for short). You will receive a copy of the tenancy agreement to sign prior to commencing your tenancy. You should always read through all of the terms in the document before signing, and keep your copy of the agreement safe in case you need to refer back to it during your tenancy.

  • What happens if I want to move out early?

    The exact process where this occurs can vary from one tenancy to the next. If your circumstances change and you need to leave the tenancy early, it’s worth checking to see if a ‘Break Clause’ has been included in your contract. This would allow you to leave your tenancy free of charge up until a predefined date.

    Failing that, or finding yourself needing to end your tenancy beyond the expiry of any Break Clause, you will need to check your tenancy agreement for the notice period that you must give. If you are bound by your tenancy agreement until a specific date, you are liable to pay the rent up until that date.

    It is normally possible however to come to some kind of an agreement with your landlord in order to end your tenancy early. This usually involves finding a new tenant to take over your tenancy. You may be liable for any costs incurred by your landlord when finding a suitable replacement tenant, as well as for any rent due until the start of the replacement tenancy. Any costs incurred can be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.

  • What happens if I want someone else to move in?

    You will always need to run this by your landlord. Allowing someone else to move in (even temporarily!) without going through your landlord means that they cannot do their usual screening process, which may be far more thorough than what you intend to do. If you sublet without the permission of your landlord then you would be illegally subletting, which gives our landlord the power to evict you and the subtenant from the property.

    If you are looking to move out and move somebody else in to take over your tenancy, please give us a call to discuss. We can usually make this work, but it always needs to be pre-arranged so all the necessary checks and paperwork can be completed.

  • Can I withhold rent because I'm not happy?

    No. In fact, whatever situation you are facing, it will almost always make it worse. It might seem like a good way to pressure your landlord into taking action, but it is absolutely the worst thing to do in terms of your own rights.

    Regardless whether you are waiting for repairs or are in any other kind of dispute with your landlord or letting agent, you should continue to pay your rent as you are contractually obliged by the terms of your tenancy agreement.

    Withholding rent will almost always be breaching the terms of your tenancy, and in most cases will automatically grant your landlord a court possession order, meaning you could be evicted in an accelerated manner.

  • Can I decorate my rented property?

    This varies from property to property, so please get in touch if it is something you are considering. We might be able to send somebody over to do it for you at no cost to you!

  • Can I have a pet in my rented property?

    This will depend on the property you choose to rent. If it’s a specific requirement, please get in touch. We do have properties where pets are allowed, however this must always be agreed with the landlord in writing prior to a pet living in the property. There may also be additional rent and/or deposits required.

  • Do I need to get insurance?

    We do recommend in most cases that every tenant takes out contents insurance to cover damage or theft of their belongings during their tenancy, as they are not covered by the landlord’s insurance policies.

  • Can I put locks on the doors of my rented property?

    Please contact us if this is something you are looking to do in one of our properties. In most cases, we can have this done for you at no cost to you.